Monday, October 12, 2009

33rd Milo Marathon National Finals 10k

Calories Burned: 827 cal
Unofficial Running Time:
1:15:00

I haven't raced for sooo long; I couldn't believe how much I missed it -- missed the 4am rush, the smell of fresh unpolluted pre-dawn air, the hustle and bustle of other runners to warm up and get checked in, the excited atmosphere behind the start line, and the gun start.

I used to view running just as a tool to lose weight; now, it's a way of life. And the Milo Marathons have a way of bringing me back on my feet and on to the road than any race I've joined. It holds my first 5k, my first 10k, and my first comeback race -- this one.

The early morning rush of the 10k runners.

Just happy to have run and finished. Never mind the time. Well..
One of the doctors who gave great tips on proper running and how to avoid injuries. I actually consulted with him afterwards about my moving kneecaps.

3 comments:

  1. wow sis! welcome back.. long time no updates from you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome Apple :) I had a new job so had to give that some time. Hehehe, need money for the race entrance fees! hahahah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your comeback 10k, 1:15 is none too shabby at all :)

    Cheers,
    Luis

    ReplyDelete