Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mizuno Infinity Run

Calories Burned: 362 cal
Running Time: 34 mins

When my friend and I got off the taxi to join the other runners on Mizuno Infinity Run (June 7), the first thing she noticed was that I was one of the few who were wearing jogging pants. Haha! She wasn't even going to the run, but she was my one-woman support team-cheerer-photographer-guard-and fashion critique!

Route
Compared to UP's up and down roads, the 5k route at the Fort was flat. I was thankful for that; uphills are a real calf burner. However, I soon missed the trees at UP because as the sun climbed higher, the lack of shade at Makati (or is it Taguig?) became more apparent. The other difference was at UP the roads were made of asphalt; it was hard concrete all the way at the Fort. So as I was running/walking, I decided that as much as possible I'll be choosing runs scheduled at UP more than those scheduled at the Fort.

Race
It started a few minutes after 6am. A lady runner beside me was already complaining about the race being late and about the sun coming up soon. I wasn't at all surprised that when it finally started, she zoomed past me and several other runners. She was fast!

There were plenty of race marshals. They were always telling us not to run on the sidewalk, but every now and then, somebody would run where they're not supposed to. Sigh.

I havent been to enough races to have a good opinion about how a race should be organized, but I couldn't help but wish that the runners were allowed to use the roads (or at least the side we're running on) exclusively -- no cars allowed. We had to look over our shoulders for cars coming behind us. I don't think that's safe.

What I loved about the Mizuno Infinity race was the singlet - light fabric, sporty design, and seriously blue. I saw guys at the gym wearing their Mizuno singlets proudly; I'm still too embarassed of my flabby arms to wear mine outside of a race.

Result
I'm running to lose. No doubt about that. I didn't burn as much calories in this run as I did at the K.I.D.S. run but I think that's because of two factors: the route is flatter and I finished faster (well, just two minutes faster, lol!).

My weight a week after the Mizuno Infinity Run was 144.8lbs. That means I lost around 5lbs already since I started really trying to lose weight the healthy way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment